Pharmacy Product - Types Of Cancer - Commom Types Of Cancers >> Getting a Second Opinion

Endometrial Cancer

Getting a Second Opinion

Before starting treatment, a woman might want a second opinion about the diagnosis, the stage of cancer, and the treatment plan. Some insurance companies require a second opinion; others may cover a second opinion if the woman requests it. Gathering medical records and arranging to see another doctor may take a little time. In most cases, a brief delay does not make treatment less effective.

There are a number of ways to find a doctor for a second opinion:

The patient's doctor may refer her to one or more specialists. Specialists who treat women with uterine cancer include surgeons, gynecologic oncologists, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists. At cancer centers, these doctors often work together as a team.

The Cancer Information Service, at 1-800-4-CANCER, can tell callers about treatment facilities, including cancer centers and other programs supported by the National Cancer Institute.

People can get the names of specialists from their local medical society, a nearby hospital, or a medical school.


Pre << >> Next